Now, think of a time you participated in play with children. Remember to think or write freely and honestly...
- Did you facilitate the children's play? If so, in what ways?
- To what extent was the children's play changed by your presence?
- Were you the centre of attention, or one of the group? How did this come about and what were the consequences?
- Were the children pleased with your involvement?
- Did the children talk to you about the game and its rules, or unrelated topics?
- What (else) did you learn about the children? (Abilities/understandings/interests/feelings/concerns/relationships.)
Whitebread, D. (2012) Developmental Psychology and Early Childhood Education. London: Sage.